A One-Stop Upskilling Hub for Women
The Tequity Hub is the embodiment of the career success equation #GALSNGEAR has identified as “tequity = skills + access + visibility, coupled with a supportive community.” This dynamic training and networking platform, hosted on the LIVE! online event platform hosted by Wall Street Communications, is set to be a game-changer for women seeking to upskill and advance their careers in the industry. The Tequity Hub is open to all women in the industry — assigned at birth or not — and all industry stakeholders.
“Technology and tools are changing fast in the media and entertainment industries, which means women might be missing out on a career opportunity or increased pay if we don’t adapt and upskill — whether we are in tech ourselves or managing it,” said #GALSNGEAR founder Amy DeLouise. “On the Tequity Hub, we’re creating a one-stop shop for women looking to upskill. And guess what? A huge amount of this training is free!”
With The Tequity Hub, #GALSNGEAR is honoring its mission to build a robust community that not only supports women but also creates a platform to connect them with the resources and opportunities necessary for their career advancement. As part of that mission, the organization collaborates with leading manufacturers, broadcasters, and other industry groups. These partnerships have made it possible to drive real change and foster an inclusive environment. The Tequity Hub will serve as a catalyst for progress, where potential sponsors and attendees alike can make a tangible impact on gender equity within the sector.
One of the purposes behind The Tequity Hub is to ensure that hardware and software companies recognize the value of including women in their beta-testing networks. #GALSNGEAR hopes to be the bridge that connects these companies to talented women within the community. Women are often left out of beta-testing, yet they can provide invaluable insights and contributions as industry hardware and software is developed. And early adoption and access to R&D communities often gives beta testers an edge in career advancement.
Both sponsors and attendees can take advantage of The Tequity Hub’s wide range of opportunities. Companies with existing training programs can now support the Hub by hosting links to their content at a nominal fee. This will further promote skill development and knowledge-sharing within the industry.
For organizations interested in aligning themselves with the cause of empowering women in STEM and leadership, a number of sponsorship opportunities are available.
#TequityTuesday Events on the Hub
The Tequity Hub events, called #TequityTuesday, will generally take place on the third Tuesday of each month starting Aug. 15 on the LIVE! online event platform. Each event is one hour, starting with a brief Q&A with a leading industry speaker followed by networking and learning opportunities. There are rooms for workshops, for demos, and for meeting and networking. Attendees can see active rooms and the users within them and can jump into any room at any time on their own — no one has to move them there.
Upcoming Tequity Hub Events – Noon-1pm ET
- August 15 — Allyship: Tactical Steps to Promoting Tequity in Your Organization – Stand by for Recording!
- September 26 — Opportunities for Women in Sports Broadcasting
- October 17 — How to Become a Beta Tester (and Why It Can Help Your Career)
- November 21 — Public Speaking for Media Professionals – Why It’s Important, Even If You’re an Introvert
- December 19 – Moving to IP Workflow: What It Means for Broadcast Producers, Engineers, & Managers
- January 16 – Transformations in Audio Tools and Workflows (and What’s AI Got to Do With It?)
Sponsorships are for 6 month periods. Sponsors also get invited to our various live networking events and other special industry opportunities. For information, please contact us at email@example.com.
Training Link: $750 – link to your existing training/workshops in our SKILLZONE on the Hub
Room Sponsor: $2,000 – Your company brand “hosts” one of our interactive rooms such as: The Lounge, The Screening Room, The Café, The Connect Room.
Bronze Sponsor: $1,500 –
- Logo on Banner on site
- Branding on all #TequityTuesday invitation emails
- Featured location for your training content
- Include Jobs in our Resources section
Silver Sponsor: $2,500 – All Bronze benefits plus
- Your training content in our “Top Featured” location
- Access to the Beta Testing network
- Participate in one of our Q&A’s
Gold Sponsor – $5,000 – All Silver benefits plus
- Room with demo featuring your tech and a live host, if you wish, during #TequityTuesday meetups
- Opportunity to feature your company’s new tools and tech, or your customer use cases, in an interactive webinar environment
- Metrics on Hub visitors